Tuesday, June 15, 2010

You wouldn't do it...

I have never been a huge fan of basketball nor have I ever put in any effort in becoming one. Perhaps it was because I never had the right person to introduce me to the world of sports. It just happened that two weeks into January, she had two tickets to a Lakers game and she wanted me to accompany her. I had no idea I was about to experience a night that would be considered the most memorable of my life.

Obligated to be at my internship that Friday, I drove back to her house mid rush hour, just to be able to drive to the game with her. The game was not until 7 that night, however, with the ever growing traffic, if we didn't leave 3 hours in advance, we would end up missing the first quarter of the game. Half way through the drive, the sun was beginning to set and the traffic was getting worse. Due to the openly flirtatious relationship we had kicked the year off with, I decided to finally take the matter into my own hands.

As the 5 o'clock radio traffic music played and we barely moved on the five freeway, I nuzzled my head on her shoulder and my hands tightly wrapped around her right arm. She kept one hand on the wheel and one on the gear shift, occasionally turning her head to look and smile at me. It didn't take long for her to rest her hand on my knee and eventually ease into frequent love squeezes. With my eyes closed, I felt her warm breath hit my face. She leaned down and gently kissed my forehead, her scorching lips melting their outline onto my cool skin.

Lifting my head, I moved my face closer to her and playfully tempted her to kiss me. I kept on repeating "You wouldn't do it" knowing those words would eventually make her prove me wrong. The moving of my mouth was silenced as she moved that extra inch closer and gave me a peck on the lips. With a slight smile, I nuzzled my head back on her shoulder and we preceded to drive to the game.

The Lakers game was a blur. With my mind preoccupied with the thoughts of the kiss, I was no longer interested in the game. As the euphoric energy seeped through my pores and spread in the air around us, my imagination ran wild as I hoped it would soon become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment