Thursday, June 3, 2010

Seven Kisses, Fast!

It was a Wednesday afternoon when she told me that this was her last week at work. The sound of those words made me cringe as I asked a billion and one questions about her decision. She went on to tell me about her plans to go out that weekend and invited me to come along to Huntington Beach. Um...like I would turn down that invite! As the wheels started turning in my head, I realized that I finally had a excuse to ask for her number without looking completely creepy. All thought she did gave me the signs of possible interest, I still wasn't sure.

"Hey! Give me your number.." I reached for my phone and flipped it open. "... just in case."

"Ha ha ha...just in case of what?"

"You know, in case I need to call you or something." I said flustered as I handed her my phone. Mission Accomplished.

That Friday rolled around and my nerves of excitement started to kick in. It was now 7 p.m and I had exactly one hour until I needed to meet up with them. Even with my large selection of clothing, I still had nothing to wear. Nine p.m: I was still not ready and I was panicking!
As if she read my mind about me calling her, she beat me to the phone call.

"Where are you?! Are you still coming?" She yelled into the phone, music blaring in the background. She offered to come pick me up and told me to be outside my house in 15 minutes. At that point, I just threw on my first outfit option and ran out of my apartment to meet her.

I still remember this night vividly as I stood underneath the palm tree, waiting. Her head lights blinded me as she pulled up the drive way, windows rolled down, music turned up and Rabecca dancing in the passenger seat. With my waving hand in the air, I skipped my way to the car and jumped in. Her glances at me became more frequent and more intense through out the ride to Huntington and they made me melt right into the leather seats of her Lexus.

Fred's Mexican Restaurant sounded like a good place to begin our night with and with our luck, we got the VIP parking spot right in front of the place. Hard thing to do on a busy Friday night. Two things happen once I stepped out of the car: My purse got made fun of because it looked like a "school bag" and after struggling to defend it as the two of them laughed at my passionate arguments against what they said, with a smirk she called me "so precious." I think her last comment easily made up for the first one.

We stood by the bar, waiting for our table and studying the menu. At the moment, I couldn't think about anything else but getting closer to her. So, my menu went flying onto the bar and I made myself comfortable right next to her side. I wonder if she notices how close I actually am?

*My first clue of attraction: After pointing out I was getting inappropriately eyeballed by an
incredibly intoxicated guy, she sat next to me and wrapped her arm around my chair and shoulder. *

Few taco's and a dozen drinks later, a crowd of us cheerfully made our way to another bar. I stopped her mid walk to randomly announce to her that it was "Kisses time!" Before she even got a chance to react, I grabbed her head and with the speed of light, gave her seven kisses on her right cheek.

"My turn!" I shouted. "I want seven kisses and do it really fast!" I demanded as I turned my cheek towards her. Taken back by what just happened, she laughed and gladly delivered the seven quick kisses I asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment