Friday, June 4, 2010

My Plan B

It was the next morning that I realized I was no longer the same. I was quickly falling though the cracks in the road of love she was building underneath my feet. It was her that I trapped inside my mind from the moment my eyes saw daylight and there was no letting her out. Hoping to see her name on the screen of my phone, I obsessively stared at it as I struggled to collect some courage to call her. To my advantage, she picked up on the third ring.

We kept the conversation short and sweet as I thanked her for the drinks and slid in my offer to return the favor soon. However, the brief satisfaction of the conversation faded and I was faced with the temptation of calling her again, but first, I needed a good reason. Too nervous to invite her for a night out just the two of us, I cooked up a brilliant Plan B. Build a last minute bowling team and bring her along as my partner! Simple. All I needed now was two people willing to come along and act as a distraction to the obvious smitten energy that radiated from my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment