Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Late Birthday

My predictions were becoming frighteningly accurate. The anger and hurt I felt withered away when she called me almost two weeks later. She was curious as to why I never showed up to her dinner and swore she never got my text and missed call. Although I found that to be very strange, I decided to let it go and meet up with her for her late birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant.

This time, surprisingly, she was the one running late. Unusually warm for a December night, I sat in front of the restaurant on a patted bench and waited for her to arrive. I saw her approaching me from the distance and I quickly jumped up and skipped over to her. She picked me up and twirled me around in the air as I suffocated her with my hugs.

Considering the unarguably gorgeous night, we requested to sit on the patio. The blurred, multi-colored string lights that dangled above our table reflected in our cups of hot Jasmine tea, the fragrant steam rising and warming up my face. In the midst of losing ourselves in profoundly stimulating conversation and the romantic setting, I could not stop myself from falling for this amazing person that sat in front of me.

It was only ten by the time we got done with dinner and we decided we could go for a few drinks at the bar she celebrated her birthday at. Being too early for the bar to be packed, we found a secluded table with ease. It didn't take long for her to move her chair closer to me where we continued with our flirtatious conversation. She was becoming more comfortable around me. As our alcohol consumption increase, her hand became permanently glued to my leg and I struggled to catch my breath as my head spun out of control. Overwhelmed with confusion, disbelief and pure joy, I had no intention of stopping her.

No comments:

Post a Comment