Thursday, June 17, 2010

Unavailable Saturday

For the moment being, it felt as if time stood still. The seconds echoed in the silence of the darkness that swallowed us, making the electric sparks the only thing visible between us. Through the blur of my eyes, I saw that midnight had already approached and I was six hours and two homework assignments away from my Saturday class. I knew I had to go home. With my feet barely on the ground, I forcefully lifted my uncompromising body out of the bed that had devoured me for the last two hours. I felt her hands firmly grabbed onto mine as she pulled me closer and pleaded for me to stay. Hardly being able to resist the temptation of staying, I promised her that I would be back that same night as soon as I completed my obligations for the following day.

By five am, I was standing at her door step, my heavy eyelids struggling to stay open. Without hesitation, I immediately crawled into her pre-heated bed and snuggled towards her; the toasty warmth of her melting the frozen layer of my skin. Comfortably xhausted, she kissed me as I glued myself to her and fell into a deep and dreamy state of mind.

We were woken up by the bright rays of sunshine that snuck into the room through the crack of the curtains and I realized I was three hours late for class. Not wanting to rush to an already late class, I decided to just go in at the end to turn in my work.

As we lay wrapped up underneath the covers, I was hit by an unexpected serious conversation.

"Do you...like me?" She asked with confusion.

Unsure of her thoughts and feelings, I chose to avoid the question and quickly change the subject. The eight months of built up magnetic force made it impossible to separate from one another as I tried to peel myself off of her. In the middle of gathering my things, reality hit me in the face when she told me she had plans with her girlfriend and she would be unavailable to talk or hang out. Although disappointed, I understood.

Deep down, I knew I would not her from her that Saturday. However, my entire day was spent glancing at the phone with the hopes she might have changed her mind. With my heavy heart suffocating inside my tight chest, I cringed at the thought of the end before it even had a change to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment