Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tu Tu Tango

November was indeed an eventful month. With finals approaching, I impatiently sat in class the afternoon of the birthday dinner, my mind nowhere near being in the state of present. Trapped in the deadly silence of the room, I forced myself to focus on a path that wouldn't lead to another daydreaming session. As usual, my mind retaliated against my wishes.

Her dinner had already begun by the time I got out of class. As the love affair between nervous and excited progressed, I raced home for a quick shower and wardrobe change. Annoyed at the fact that I was already 45 minutes late, I sent her a text letting her know I would soon be on my way and if they would still be at Tu Tu Tango. Ten minutes later, there was still no response from her so I decided to call her.

My excitement slapped my heart across the face as the long ringing led me to her voicemail. Convinced that I was avoided due to her girlfriend being present at the dinner, I sat on the couch in my black party dress watching my every dash of hope being squeezed out of my heart.

With anger following in the foot steps of hurt, I made yet another promise to myself that would soon be nothing but an empty one.

No comments:

Post a Comment