Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dinner Delivery

It was a quiet, warm night and the outside grill was whispering my name. A little hungry, I pulled out the lamp chops from the freezer and headed to the grill. The crispy smoke lifted and I was soon surrounded by the mouthwatering smell. I know one person that shares the same appreciation for food as myself that would love my grilled lamb I thought to myself.

Watching the smoke disappear into the air, I indulged in my boiling pot of magical thoughts of sharing my dinner with her. As if my thinking was loud enough for her to hear, the ringing of my phone woke me up from my daydream. She told me she was watching a basketball game and thought of me. I jumped to the opportunity to tell her I was grilling lamb and it made me think of her and I offered to bring her home dinner delivery of grilled lamb.

"How long would it take for you to come over?" At this point, I didn't care whether she was asking because she wanted lamb or because she wanted to see me. Half an hour later, I arrived at her front step. Amidst all the excitement and fuss, I realized I had forgotten her lamb dinner.

I continuously apologized as she laughed it off and made fun of my air-head move. I offered to drive back and get it, but she instructed that I was to sit down in front of her t.v and distracted me with Family Guy. Loosing ourselves in deep conversation, we snacked on chips and the obnoxious lines of Stewie and Brian slowly faded into the background. As delicious as that lamb dinner might have been, it could have never compared to what we shared over those bland chips.

1 comment: