Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hot and Cold

Weeks would pass without me seeing or hearing from her and I would feel as if a strange distance was beginning to growing between us. I never could understand where it came from mainly because in person that distance was non-existent. I drove myself insane with the thoughts of her and the possible scenarios as to why it had to be this way.

In rare occasions, as an escape from my unmanageable thoughts, I would phone her only to be disappointed by the sound of her voicemail. Each time I would make myself an empty promise of giving up on my unrealistic fantasy, but I would find myself disregarding every promise when it was her voice I heard on the other end of the line.

We went from hot to cold when it came to seeing each other and each time my withdrawals became a little tougher to handle. After experiencing couple of cold weeks, we immediately jumped into hot:

1. Met up to watch Pineapple Express and had crapes afterwords. She took my flirt radar for a spin with her sexual innuendos that could be taken both ways but were clearly not innocent.

2. Invited me to her house one Sunday morning for Mimosas. In my pink juicy sweats, white thermal and pony tail, Mimosas were nowhere in sight. Instead we spend the afternoon lounging on her bed as I flirtatiously played with her hair for hours.

3. Picked me up at 8 a.m the following Sunday and took me to church with her.

Anxious to see her again, I booked her two months in advance for a date to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button in December, just to secure my place in her schedule. And then, without a warning, we were back to cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment