Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Curious Case.

Months after reserving her as a date for the Curious Case of Benjamin Button movie, we had finally gone to see it that Sunday. Both hungry and a little tipsy from the drinks we had previous to watching the movie, we decided to go back to TuTu Tango for a late dinner. It was an unusually warm January evening and a perfect night for outside seating. The golden glow of the setting sun lightly illuminated our table as I awkwardly sat down; slowly dying with the anticipation of the well expected conversation that I knew was coming on. We ordered another round of drinks along with a few appetizers and after a brief moment of small talk, the conversation switched.

As the heat of my boiling blood rushed throughout my body, I sat across from her, fidgeting, unable to avoid the questions she was presenting me with. Although nervous of her reaction to my overdue confessions, this was the moment I have waited eight months for and I needed to embrace it. Over flown, my heart was about to spill over with built up emotions but my mouth became an unwanted filter I couldn't seem to turn off. Afraid of making eye contact, my eyes wondered around the open patio as I managed to tell her I had developed feelings for her.

There was a moment of frozen silence between us that she quickly melted with her words.
"I have developed feeling for you, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment