Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Transition to reality

Not wanting to go home, I invited myself to her house before she even had a chance to invite me in herself. Inhaling the familiar warm cotton scent, I was swallowed by the feathery comforter that was spread across her bed; the coolness of it wrapping around my tired body. As the sound of her soothing voice drew me closer to her, I nuzzled my head into her neck yet again. Silence filled the air making the peacefulness of the room intensify each breath and heartbeat as our faces gradually moved closer. Unsure of what was about to happen, I closed my eyes in an attempt to tame the forceful beating of my heart. Eight months previous to this day, this moment was nothing but an unrealistic thought that was now becoming reality. The wind of dizziness hit me across the face, impairing my ability to distinguish the difference between my imagination and actuality. That was until I felt warmth press up against my lips, melting two pairs into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment